Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy birthday poems for a friend

happy birthday poems for a friend





happy birthday poems for a friend happy birthday poems for a friend happy birthday poems for a friend



happy birthday poems for a friend happy birthday poems for a friend happy birthday poems for a friend







We are born princes and the civilizing process makes us frogs. ~Syrus



I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~Jay McInerney



Half the modern drugs could well be thrown out the window, except that the birds might eat them. ~Martin H. Fischer



It is a mistake for a sculptor or a painter to speak or write very often about his job. It releases tension needed for his work. ~Henry Moore



Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson



My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can do all that, but you can't play my Game Boy?" ~Author Unknown



Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy. ~Douglas Adams



I have an almost religious zeal - not for technology per se, but for the Internet which is for me, the nervous system of mother Earth, which I see as a living creature, linking up. ~Dan Millman



Everyday people are straying away from the church and going back to God. ~Lennie Bruce, The Essential Lennie Bruce, 1972



To accept on faith is the basic requirement for getting on with life. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com



I saw the days of the year stretching ahead like a series of bright, white boxes, and separating one box from another was sleep, like a black shade. Only for me, the long perspective of shades that set off one box from the next day had suddenly snapped up, and I could see day after day after day glaring ahead of me like a white, broad, infinitely desolate avenue. ~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar



All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry. ~Edgar Allen Poe



Old age lives minutes slowly, hours quickly; childhood chews hours and swallows minutes. ~Malcolm de Chazal Old age puts more wrinkles in our minds than on our faces. ~Michel de Montaigne



A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak. ~James Russell Lowell, A Fable for Critics, 1848



Obscenity is not a quality inherent in a book or picture, but is solely and exclusively a contribution of the reading mind, and hence cannot be defined in terms of the qualities of a book or picture. ~Theodore Schroeder



Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~Eva Gabor



During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones



My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him. ~Destiny Vaestus



When the horse is dead, get off. ~Author Unknown


Post Title happy birthday poems for a friend